Of all the elected officials, Geauga County has ONLY two real leaders in my opinion.
The two I am referring to are Judge Tim Grendell and Commissioner Ralph Spidalieri.
Why? Because they are the ONLY ones who have real leadership qualities as stated below.
- They are not controled, manipulated, or dictated to by the Republican"Party" (RP) and not afraid of threats by the Party to run candidates against them. The RP hates people like this they cannot control.
- They are not loyal to the Party, but to the people, the way it should be. They don't just SAY they take their Oath and the Constitution seriously, they act upon it, trying to do what is right for the people, not the Party.
- They are outspoken, not being afraid to stand out from the system, going against the grain to do what is right no matter who likes it.
- They listen to and encourage input from the people even in the face of critcism, having the character to face that and explain their position instead of getting mad at or ignoring the person criticising them.
- They are NOT part of the stagnant Geauga "good old boys club" who "go along to get along", nor do they care to be. Those parasites do not represent the people, they are just protecting each others jobs.
- They are watchfull over the peoples money, innovative, finding ways to eliminate waste.
- They are not control or power freaks, they are in office to help and serve people, not abuse or harm them.
- They are not lazy, just sitting in their comfort zones, rubber stamping everything because it is easier. They get up off their butts and do what needs to be done, giving 100%.
- They don't have their feet in both camps, "glad handing", trying to please everyone, because they know they can't. They are just tying to do the right thing, telling it like it is.
- They are not in it to have a job like the others. They are not politicians, they are public servants.
These are just some of the qualities I can think of that REAL leaders should possess, that Judge Tim Grendell and Commissioner Ralph Spidalieri have shown us.
Public servants like this usually get the lions share of the votes all the time without needing the support of the Party or having to bullshit people and lie. Most people recognise their stand out qualities, realising how rare it is in politics.
Unfortunately, some of the bullshitters and liars are slick enough to fool the people for quite a while.
Real leaders, as mentioned above, need to be supported continually as they are rare.
It is sad we only have two in Geauga like this.
If you think this is an exaggeration and I am wrong or I have missed anyone, please write to this site giving me the name of the person you think deserves mention.
The fact a person is elected into public office by the people does not automatically make them a leader. In the majority of cases in Geauga, THEY ARE NOT!